"What items do you accept in your bins now?"
- Paper products - Nothing that is soiled or that has touched food/bodily fluids
- Metal - Vegetable, alcohol, and pop cans as well as clean pie tins
- Plastic #1, 2, & 3 - Bottles, jugs, & jars only
"When are they going to clear the bins? They're full!"
- Mon, Wed, Fri: Claypool, Leesburg, Mentone, Milford, Silver Lake
- Mon - Sat: North Webster, Syracuse, Warsaw
- Mon - Fri: Pierceton
"There's a problem at one of the sites, who do I call?"
- KC Recycling (574) 372-3087
- Whitley Environmental (260) 248-8300
"Do you offer pick up services?"
- At this time, we do not. We are strictly drop off in the community bins as well as at the main facility in Warsaw.
"Are you guys the ones who pick up recycling at my house?"
"Do you guys do roll off dumpsters?"
- We do not offer dumpster services but you can try contacting one of these providers:
- Stafford's - (574) 269-2492
- Stuckman's - (260) 856-2060
- Waste Management - https://www.wm.com/us/en/dumpster-rental
"Why wasn't my trash collected?"
- We receive many calls about trash service. Contact the public works or street works department for your town and they should be able to answer all your questions or lead you to the right provider.
"Where do I take my trash items?"
- To dispose of trash items, fees may apply and there are two options:
- Advanced Disposal Landfill - 2710 E 800 S, Claypool, IN ; (260) 839-0300
- Waste Management Transfer Station - 2353 N Boeing Rd, Warsaw, IN ; (574) 269-5948
"Do you pay for recycling?"
- We do not pay for aluminum or other scrap items. Try contacting one of these locations for help:
- Lewis Salvage - (574) 267-6781
- Stuckman Salvage - (260) 856-2060
"When is your next shredding day/tire collection event?"
"What are we supposed to do with our glass now?"
- If you have curbside service, many of them are still taking glass. To be fiscally responsible under our new contract - which saw hauling costs triple from 2019's rate - we had to elect to stop taking glass in the drop off bins. The best solutions we have to offer right now for glass items are:
- Look into reuse. The internet, specifically Pinterest, is teeming with ideas on way to reuse glass.
- Look into changing products. Some things come in glass and nothing else, but you might consider looking at alternatives that are in plastics #1, 2, or 3 that we are still able to take.
"Do you still have your Eco Store?"
- The Eco Store closed a couple years ago and we no longer sell merchandise here.