2018-2019 Winter Craft Series info
We're trying something new this year at KC Recycling. Once a month from October to March we will be doing a recycled/upcycled crafting event at our building. We're striving to do something different each time but all with repurposed materials. Do you make something awesome out of recycled goods and want to present your craft to the group? Contact us today!
This page here will have all the info you need about when, who the craft is geared toward, and what to bring with you.
Every event is free. We want to encourage a positive atmosphere for socialization with our community.
So, have a look! Read through the events and then RSVP for one or more. It's absolutely going to be a great time.
October: Halloween Scaries
With autumn upon us, craft season is in the air! At this event we will be making Halloween or fall themed items out of mason jars and milk jugs. Paint and glue both will be used so keep that in mind.
- When: Saturday, October 13, 2018 from 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Who: All ages, but kids under 13 might have more fun
- What to Bring: Milk jug and any glass jars you want to decorate though we do have mason jars on hand
November: Microwave Mosaics
We get a lot of microwaves through here which is good for the environment, and even better for this event! We'll be taking broken scrap tile to make beautiful Thanksgiving or fall themed platters for center pieces. Due to the nature of the craft this is a 2-day event.
- When: Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 6:00PM - 8:00PM AND Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 10:00AM - 12:00PM
- Who: Anyone ages 16 and up
- What to Bring: Everything will be provided unless you have spare tile you'd like to use
December: Feelin' Festive!
It's the most wonderful time of the year... We're going all out in December. For the adults we'll have wood palette sign painting and for the kids we'll have tin-can snowmen, birdseed ornaments, and perhaps even a couple other things.
- When: Thursday, December 6, 2018 from 6:00PM - 8:00PM
- Who: The whole family! Palette painting is limited to 15, but the other crafts are not
- What to Bring: For the snowman - 46oz tin can, 8oz can, detergent cap, pop can, and 4 lids from various metal cans (ALL CLEANED); For birdseed ornaments - Leftover ribbon at least 6" length
Registration closes 48 hours prior to event.
If you need to cancel please contact us as soon as you know!
This information will be emailed to our Educator who is in charge of the Winter Craft Series.
Event RSVPs as of 10/12/18:
There is a limit to the number of people we can have for each event. This is based on space, materials, and how time-intensive the craft happens to be. If the event fills up there will be no wait list, sorry!
Event location: 220 S. Union St., Warsaw, IN 46580
Question? Call us at (574) 372-3087 or email us!