Household Hazardous Waste Processing
ABCs of Residential Chemical Recycling
Starting in May 2020, KC Recycling will be handling chemical processing following new guidelines. These guidelines have been set forth for the protection of our residents as well as our warehouse workers. Please understand that we will not be taking chemicals outside of this process or for residents without an appointment under any circumstances. We thank you for your cooperation and patience!
All residents will be required to make an appointment for chemical processing. The link to do so is here. HHW intake will be on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Residents are expected to remain at the facility for the duration of the visit and to wear a face covering.
An identification matching the name the appointment is booked under is required. If someone else is bringing the chemicals for you, book under their name. If there is a last minute change, please call us at (574) 372-3087 to let us know.
All products must be brought to the facility labeled, organized, and upright. No bagged, leaking, or unmarked containers will be accepted. KC Recycling reserves the right to refuse any material deemed unsafe to accept.
Chemical processing service is for Kosciusko County residents only. Residents will need to report to the North Door for HHW processing. This is opposite of where you bring other items for drop off; it is not the door that faces the railroad tracks.
These are the current prices for recycling chemicals at our facility as of 07/06/20. If you have other items to recycle, you can view the pricing here.
Full HHW Processing Guidelines
- Appointment for service required. Book online at http://kcrecycling.youcanbook.me
- Residents are required to follow KCSWMD staff instructions.
- ID must match appointment booking information.
- Expect to remain at the facility for the entire length of your appointment.
- 6 foot social distancing as well as face covering required for both customers and employees at all times.
- Materials must be labeled, organized, and upright.
- Bagged, leaking, or unlabeled items will not be accepted!
- Residents should not come if showing any signs of illness including but not limited to cough, fever, fatigue, trouble breathing, etc.
- Do not bring materials that have been or potentially have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- KCSWMD reserves the right to refuse service and the intake of any materials deemed unsafe to accept.